Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tired and Beautiful

Wow. My sinuses are acting up wicked bad today. The whole facial area around my eyes is throbbing. Do we think it's okay to take sinus medication in conjunction with Advil? Or might I perhaps be liable to OD on such a combination?

I'm leaving for Cincinnati after work today, going home for Megan's 20th birthday. My grandma is already there, and together with my mom we're driving up to IU on Saturday to visit the munchkin. I got her present at Barnes & Noble yesterday along with Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (to replace the copy I seem to have lost) and Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore (which I had a first printed edition of that I stupidly sold).

If you plan on seeing The Dark Knight this summer--which all of you should do--then I highly recommend reading The Killing Joke first. Moore's incarnation of The Joker and his history is what the movie is based on, and it will give you more insight into just why portraying the "psychotic, mass-murdering clown" kept Heath Ledger from sleeping during the shoot.

Sadly, the Boston Bruins are out of the Playoffs after a ridiculously exciting final game against Montreal. Needless to say, Yuval was a little depressed for a day. Happily, though, we got to spend a lot of time together during this week to make up for the fact that I'll be gone this weekend. That's going to be the only rough part about this trip home...

Monday is a paid holiday, so I won't be back until that night. Next week promises another platelet donation session (they give you free full size candy/snacks/pop! and Direct TV movies to watch! and blankets fresh from a warming oven! and a heated lounge chair!), a trip to the Huntington to see The Cry of the Reed by Sinan Unel, and possibly a jazz concert featuring one of Adrienne's coworkers.

Seen
Once Upon a Time in the West
Hellboy
MST3K: The Movie

Read
Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others by Mike Mignola

p.s. I have another blog that I just started, The Complainist. Mostly for my own venting, it's where I rant about the little everyday things that annoy me/kill the planet's soul one affront at a time. There's also occasionally some cool positive things thrown in there just so it's not all negativity. Check it out, rant along with me or against me, etc. :o)

No comments: