Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Is This Thing Called Love?

OMG, a teaser trailer for Disney's The Princess and the Frog! I know Ryan already posted this on his blog (being that he is far more attuned to these kinds of things than I), but I must include it here as well. For my own fulfillment.



Watch now and be filled with joy!

This past weekend was one of fun times and frivolity. Saturday afternoon, Yuval and I journeyed north to Canobie Lake Park (which I will always mispronounce) for half-price tickets after 5pm. Now, it was no King's Island and definitely not a Cedar Point. BUT! It was wholesome and fun and hilarious riding mildly thrilling rides and not having to wade through 8 billion people to get in an hour-long line for something. Thankfully Yuval didn't seem to mind my habit of cackling in happiness and hilarity when I experience that "stomach dropping out" feeling. We timed the end of our visit perfectly: we were able to watch the fireworks from the ferris wheel. We left, exhausted, 5 1/2 hours after we'd arrived, completely happy with my decision to give this a shot.

Sunday was a big day for my friends Eric and Amanda: their wedding. I put on the dress I wore to graduation, some ballet flats, and we headed downtown to the Chinese restaurant/banquet hall where the reception was held. Apparently, if you're Chinese, you're not allowed to exclude any family member--no matter how distant--from your wedding guest list. Good thing the room was huge. There was a 10 course meal (a tradition), dances a' plenty, wedding cake, an open bar, a photo booth, and lots of good times. I got "drunk" for the first time in over a year ("drunk" because just about every time I was drunk in college my BAC level was higher than what it was at this wedding). Girly as it is, I actually teared up a little during Eric and Amanda's last dance of the night--I was thinking of how happy they are now, how happy they're going to be, and how happy I was that I could witness all of it. I've always had a good time at weddings, and this one was no different.

Congratulations, Big and Asian! Hope you're enjoying yourselves in Bermuda. :o)

At this time next week I'll be in my new apartment. Adrienne's moving on Friday, I'm moving on Saturday, and our apartment is in a general state of chaos. I've got most everything packed that can be packed and simply await the arrival of my U-HAUL truck.

Also, I found this to be hilarious: Hamlet (Facebook News Feed Edition)

Read
The City of Ember by JeAnne DePrau
Paper Towns by John Green

Seen
Deadwood (Season Two)
The Usual Suspects

2 comments:

Cherubino/Carmen said...

I loved Facebook Newsfeed Hamlet as well!! I sent it to Jillian L-S.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

You're moving?!?!?!

I just sent my long belated huge letter YESTERDAY to OLD address. Noooo!!!!

-Ken :(